All webpages in the WSU website are built in one of the following pre-set templates. The templates can be customized with a variety of page elements to best fit the content and communication goals.
Templates with Left Navigation Links (OT 7ab & OT 8 templates)
The OT 7ab template has a space for a right navigation panel. This is the most common template in use on the WSU website.
- All homepages are built in the OT 7ab template
- A webpage with the OT 7ab template must have Left Navigation Links and at least one element in the Right Navigation panel
- If a website has a Contact Us section, this section will be carried through on all the other pages in the website
The OT 8 template does not accommodate a right navigation panel. This template is used less frequently and only for secondary webpages.
Templates without Left Navigation Links (OT 7d & OT 8d templates)
A template without left navigation ("No Nav" or "Nav-less") may only be used for one-page websites that function as a routing device or landing page. Such a site does not have internal site-specific navigation through additional pages built within a set of Left Navigation links.
If an OT 7d template with a Right Navigation panel is used, the secondary links can be used for other WSU sites and/or third-party links.
The Right Navigation panel could also contain an Announcement feature, a photo and a Contact Us box. These pieces will be arranged in the same order as they would be on a OT 7ab template.
The OT 8d template does not accommodate a right navigation panel.
Here are examples of the No Nav templates:
Right Navigation Panel Elements
The Right Navigation panel could include the following elements:
- Call-to-Action / Announcement feature (always positioned in Box 1 at the top of the page)
- Spotlight / Profile Image (always positioned in Box 1)
- Right Navigation Links (always positioned in Box 2)
- Contact Us section (always positioned in Box 3)
Additional rules for Right Nav elements:
Logos for the WSU department, partner organizations and accreditations may be placed in the Right Nav panel, if the logos do not compromise the overall layout
Decorative content photos are not permitted in the Right Nav panel
Department social media links included in Contact Us section, not a separate a section