The WSU Marketing and Communications Office employs student photographers to support promotion of overall university marketing objectives, including recruitment, retention and fundraising.
WSU students, employees, departments and clubs may request photography services via MarComm OneStop. Requests are subject to student photographer availability and are given priority based on alignment with university marketing objectives.
MarComm photographers may be requested to capture:
- pre-arranged marketing photos to be used in official university-produced publications or websites
- documentation of major university events like Commencement and Homecoming
- depiction of overall academic and student life
Priority will be given to requests with potential for residual usage of the images (i.e. images can be repurposed for more than the one immediate purpose).
- Requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the event.
- Photography shoots are limited to one-hour timeframes.
- A detailed shot list with specific key photos requested must be provided.
- Limited photography services are available outside of standard business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F), as well as during summer term and over university breaks.
In most cases, the MarComm team will respond within 24-48 hours either to confirm your request or suggest alternatives (see below).
- These days cell phone cameras can be used for many photography opportunities. Ask a team member or student employee in your department to take photos.
- Check out an iPad from the Library to use as a camera (available to students for 24 hours or faculty and staff for up to one week).
- Check with the Winonan to see if one of their student photographers would be available.
- Hire a freelance photographer (names available on request). In addition, Wazoo's List is a great opportunity to reach out to WSU student photographers directly.
Requests for copies of existing photos
MarComm maintains Flickr galleries containing recent marketing photos, campus beauty shots, academic and student life photos, and limited campus event photos. These images can be made available to WSU community members for noncommercial use. Submit a ticket to "Request Photos" and select "Pull a selection of existing photos" from the drop-down menu under under "Photo Request Type."
For archival and historical photographs, contact Russell Dennison in Library & Information Services: email@example.com, 507.457.5140.