Information appropriate for a news release or publicity request includes:
- Information that is new, visual, of public interest, unusual and/or extraordinary
- On-campus events open to the public, including theatre, music, art, guest lecturers, etc.
- Academic activities, such as new majors or programs, seminars and workshops open to the public, outreach programs, and scholarship news
- Special activities, like Homecoming, Commencement, Alumni Reunions, etc.
- Student achievement news, such as dean’s list recipients and graduates, notable scholarships and fellowships
Any student, employee or club may request a news release to publicize WSU related events. We want to hear about any events, developments or activities involving WSU. Not all requests merit promotion in all venues, but our objective is to work with you to find the appropriate vehicle for your announcement or event.