Digital signage monitors are a great way to get the word out about events, academic program, opportunities and meetings. With thousands of students, faculty, staff and community members on campus each day, campus communicators can leverage monitors to complement their communication plans. In addition, digital signage is a green technology that can replace paper announcements and posters. Learn more about digital signage.
Digital Slide Creation
Digital slides can be produced in any program that can create a JPEG or PNG file such as Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Publisher, Photo Shop, etc.
Standard Digital Slide
- Must be in JPEG or PNG format
- Aspect Ratio must be 16 x 9, that is 1920px x 1080px at 72 dpi
- For readability, signage should limit the number of elements (text and graphic images)
- Use fonts larger than 24 font, use no more than 10 lines of text, enlist bullet points to make content scannable
- Must not contain any element into digital signage content that violates copyright laws
- Must not contain solid red background, this is reserved for Emergency Communications only
Video Digital Slide
- 60 seconds or less in length and may not contain audio
- Submitted in any of 3 formats, including: mpeg, mov, or mp4 file types
For your convenience, University Marketing and Communications has created several customizable templates that can be used to promote your event, program, opportunity or meeting. These templates have been created in PowerPoint so that anyone can customize them to meet their needs.
Click to Download: